Monday, May 13, 2013

I fell in love


This winter I fell in love with a nerdy librarian.  Of course, I am referring to my new city of choice St Louis.  When I came all she wanted to do was discuss the cold world of Pre-revolutionary Russian literature.  For weeks and months the cold bound her tightly in layers snow and rain.  Luckily for me, I like Russian literature.  I didn't get frightened off by the introduction of new characters or unfamiliar story lines.  I stuck with her because she began to accept me.  But lately she has begun to let her hair down and take off her glasses.  The spring growth is mind blowing.  It  reaffirms my new found love for this city.  The occasional cold wind or uncomfortable conversation doesn't cause that love to wain but rather increases my curiosity about this place.  As I explore more and more of the city and get more comfortable with the people I meet, I know that this is the right place for me right now.  In true 80's movie fashion, she is a full on foxx.


No comments:

Post a Comment